In 2018 the only ways to keep track of your epf balance is by downloading uan passbook. But to download this passbook you should already have uan activated aka uan member portal registration is necessary. downloading epf passbook is simple we mentioned 4 steps below. but getting the uan number and activating it for epfo portal registration somehow difficult to members. but we made it very simple please do checkout uan portal registration process below.
How to download EPF /UAN passbook
If you have an EPF account then EPFO has made means so that you can have an EPF passbook. You will only be requiring the UAN number of yours to have the passbook downloaded. There are certain steps which need to be followed to get the passbook. Let us see the steps so that we can also have the same.
Registration on EPFO portal
This is the first step that needs to be done. For registering on the portal you need to activate your UAN. You must have the UAN, PAN, Aadhaar or Member ID available to activate the UAN and get online access to the portal.
As you enter the details a PIN will be sent to the registered mobile. The PIN must be entered to complete the process of registration.
- pf balance check by UAN
- EPF balance inquiry
- UAN member porta login registration
- UAN activation status uan generation registration
- EPF balance by missed call & SMS
Download the UAN epf passbook in 4 steps
You may see this message on UAN member Portal “passbook available at epfindia.gov.in>> member srvicess>>member passbook“.
- To download the passbook you need to login to the member portal.
- As you reach there you need to click on Download e-passbook.
- Enter your UAN Number & password.
- Click on download the Epf passbook from memberspassbook.epfindia.gov.in.
Here is 2 Steps approach to download UAN passbook
- visit E-pf passbook portal.
- Enter your UAN Number & password click on submit.
- Finally, you will get uan passbook with epf balance details.
Downloading epf Passbook without UAN
There are certain details which need to be entered like: (if you don’t have uan then these details required state, EPF office, PF code and PF account number).
As you enter such details a PIN would be sent to your registered mobile. Once the authentication is completed epf passbook will be available to you.
Note: You cannot download UAN passbook without UAN Number and password.However, you could achieve this by knowing UAN number by UAN status. further, you activate it for uan member portal registration.
Details that you can get from this passbook
There are various details which you can have this EPF passbook.
- PF Member ID
- Personal Details
- Date of joining
- Establishment code
- PF office
- EPF Transfer Details
- Balance of Employee Contribution to EPF account
- Balance of Employer Contribution to EPF account
- Total EPF balance
- Pension Contribution
Benefits of having such a passbook
There are various benefits of having such a passbook. The benefits are:
- You will have a detailed record of your EPF account.
- Check employer contribution.
- You will be able to know if there is an error in your personal details.
- Knowing the status of application of EPF transfer.
View your epf passbook by SMS
you can send a message like below to epfo customer care number, within 1 minutes you could get the details of epf balance.
- the total balance
- last month contribution
- Accumulated interest on epf balance by epfo @ 7-8%.
But you should already link all Your Aadhaar Number and Pan card details to the epf account,
Condition 3: UAN Number is Must and it should be activated already by uan registration
EPFOHO UAN ENG” on 7738299899.
Get your epf passbook details by Missed call
if you meet above conditions like aadhar, PAN, already seeded to the Pf account, and uan already activated.
then you can call this number from your registered mobile number with epfo.
Download UAN passbook epfo app UMANG
UMANG Stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. This is launched by PM Modi in 2017 to provide all government services in one app. including epfo, NPS, property tax, passport status, aadhar, pan etc.
- Select the epfo app to enter your UAN Number and Password.
- Click on member passbook you will see the uan passbook on your mobile.
- This epf passbook includes all the details regarding your epf balance.