Ways to know EPF balance easily You must be having an EPF account. If you have you need to check the balance on the account so that you remain aware of how much you have saved in the account. You can easily know the balance by means of missed call and SMS. Let us know how you can know the balance by these means.
Requirement to know epf Balance through missed call
This is the easiest and cost-saving manner of knowing your EPF balance. There are certain requirements that you must fulfill in order to know the balance through a missed call.
- You must have the UAN
- You must have activated the UAN
- The mobile number that you give to the UAN portal must be correct.
- You must call from the same mobile number which is given in the UAN portal
- UAN must be linked to your PAN Card/ Adhaar Card/ Bank Account.
How to check EPF Balance by missed call & SMS
You need to call from the same mobile number that you have given in the UAN portal.
The number to be called is 011-22901406.
As you give the missed call you will be receiving an SMS letting you know the EPF balance.
If the company that you work at is a Private trust then you will not receive the balance in this manner.
Why choose missed call method
There are reasons why you should choose such a method. The reasons are:
No requirement of smartphone or app.
Anyone can have a balance check by this method, also those who are not well conversant with the use of mobiles.
No need to remember any code.
No need to pay money or use data on your phone.
check epf Balance through SMS
If you find that the Missed call service is not working you can use the SMS method of having a check on your EPF balance. Let us see how we can use such a manner of knowing the balance.
The SMS has to be sent to 7738299899 from the registered mobile number in UAN portal.
The format of the SMS should be EPFOHO UAN and the first three letters of your preferred language. It is available in 10 languages.
You can have the SMS in your preferred language, This service is open always.
It may so happen that you do not receive the SMS letting you know about the epf balance. This may happen if your Aadhaar, PAN, and bank account were not linked to your EPF account.
EPFOHO UAN ENG 7738299899.
UAN= 12 Digit Unique Number allocated by epfo. also was known as Universal account Number.
Why check epf balance by the call, SMS
- This method should be chosen because you can know the epf balance whenever you need.
- When you do not have a net connection or talk time available on your phone you can know the pf balance.
- You do not need a smartphone for utilizing this service
- You can easily know the pf balance whenever you wish. The service is available 24*7.
- So, you can easily utilize these ways for knowing your EPF balance.
Otherways to Know epf balance
- Download uan passbook at epfo login passbook.
- knowing on the epfo app
The most popular way is downloading EPF passbook online at #uan member portal.