EPF balance Ways of checking EPF balance easily
Must you be having an EPF account? Do you know exactly the balance of your account? If you do not then just continue reading and you will know about all the ways by which you can know such a balance. Let us, first of all, know why knowing the balance is required.
Note: you can check pf balance also from epfindia.com
Reasons for knowing the EPF balance
- You may be thinking that the balance in your EPF account is correct. There may be instances which may lead to a wrong balance.
- The reasons for such wrong balance make it mandatory that you check your EPF balance. Let us know what can lead to such wrong balance in your EPF account.
- The contribution made by your employer may not have been deposited correctly into your account.
- The pension amount may not have been deducted properly which may lead to a wrong balance in your account.
- You may yourself make a mistake while calculating the balance amount.
It may be so that your balance has not been updated properly.
- Initial withdrawal may have been forgotten by you which is the reason that you are thinking to have a wrong balance.
- Whatever may be the reason it is proper that you know the correct balance so that you can take proper steps to rectify or pacify your confusion.
Ways of knowing the correct EPF balance
Over the years EPFO has made available 7 ways of knowing the balance. Let us see the seven ways so that you can select the one that suits you.
Checking the balance using UAN: The EPFO issues a Universal Account Number to every eligible member who has EPF. This unique number does not change even if you change your working organization. You can easily generate this UAN for you. As you activate your UAN you will be receiving SMS every month regarding your contribution and the balance in your account.
1. EPF balance enquiry by EPF passbook:
You can easily have the EPF passbook by being at the official site of EPFO. You only require your EPF number to log in and download the passbook. For authentication, you will be receiving an OTP on your mobile and using that you can download the passbook.
EPF passbook using UAN: If you are in UAN portal you can also download the passbook to know the balance easily. You just need to activate your UAN account and you can know the balance amount along with a full statement of your EPF account.
download epf passbook at uan member portal
Direct download uan passbook with uan & password login here.
2. EPF balance enquiry Missed call service:
There may be members who may find the above ways hard to follow. Keeping that in mind EPFO has introduced a way where one can know the balance just by giving a missed call to 01122901406. This is by far the easiest way of knowing the EPF balance.
Check pf balance online:
If anyone wishes to know their EPF balance online then they need to put their mobile number and EPF account number in the “Know your PF balance” page.
3.Check pf balance via SMS:
It may be so that you are unable to make a mobile call or not have a net connection. In that situation also you can know your EFP balance by means of SMS in your preferred language. You need to send an SMS to 7738299899 in the format EPFOHO UAN ENG if you wish to know your EPF balance in English.
4th bonus Using the mobile app:
4. EPF balance enquiry by Umang app
Being in the digital era EPFO has introduced the mobile app to facilitate you know the account balance. You can easily download the mobile app by being at the official site of EPFO. You just need to enter your mobile number and UAN to know the balance.
for employees only